AQUEDUCT TRACK STATS
Jump into betting Aqueduct with our weekly updates on track trends, statistics, and betting insights. Whether you're a seasoned bettor or new to the scene, our goal is to provide you with the data and strategies you need to become a better bettor.
Our insights are designed to help you gain an advantage, by informing your betting decisions. Whether you're interested in Maiden Special Weight races, Claiming races, Stakes races, or prefer turf or dirt surfaces, we've got you covered. Discover trends that can shape your handicapping and betting strategies.
What are track stats?
Track stats provide two levels of data for bettors and handicappers. First, they analyze how frequently favorites are winning different levels of races, as well as looking at how favorites perform on different surfaces and distances. Second, they analyze how different running styles (leaders, trackers, closers) perform on different surfaces and distances to have the ideal winning trip.
Use the data below to help identify helpful trends for handicapping and betting throughout the Aqueduct meet.
POST TIME FAVORITE ANALYSIS
Since turf racing has commenced for the winter months, Track Stats will only include dirt racing stats for the Aqueduct meet until turf racing starts again in the spring.
Overall, post time favorites in dirt races are winning at a 33.3% rate during the first four weeks of the Aqueduct meet.
From a betting standpoint, doing a flat $2 win bet on every post time favorite in a dirt race would return $1.62 (-19.0% ROI) through the meet. Additionally, 30 horses have been favorites at even money or less in dirt races. Of those even money or less favorites, 46.7% have won while 30.0% (9/30) have failed to finish in the money.
Dirt Races by Level
- Maiden Special Weight race favorites – 35.3%
- Maiden claiming race favorites – 52.6%
- Claiming race favorites – 25.9%
- Optional Claiming race favorites – 9.1%
- Allowance race favorites – 31.3%
- Stakes race favorites – 44.4%
Dirt Races by Distance
- Dirt One-turn Sprint favorites – 31.7%
- Dirt One-turn Mile favorites – 37.5%
- Dirt Two-turn favorites – 28.6%
Winning Trips Analysis
Dirt One-Turn Sprint Winners (n=60)
- 38.3% have been leading at the ½ mile mark.
- 46.7% have been tracking 3 lengths or less from lead at ½ mile mark.
- 15.0% have come from more than 3 lengths back at ½ mile mark.
Dirt One-Turn Mile Winners (n=32)
- 28.1% have been leading at the ½ mile mark.
- 59.4% have been tracking 3 lengths or less from lead at ½ mile mark.
- 12.8% have come from more than 3 lengths back at ½ mile mark.
Dirt Two-Turn Winners (n=7)
- 14.3% have been leading at the ½ mile mark.
- 71.4% have been tracking 3 lengths or less from lead at ½ mile mark.
- 14.3% have come from more than 3 lengths back at ½ mile mark.